First Stop and the Environment
At First Stop we care about our customers, and that means we also care about the environment. That’s why we have created the ‘Sustainable Service’ programme, to bring an environmentally sustainable approach to everything we do:
- We recycle used tyres via local specialized service providers in each country. The tyres are treated and prepared for a second life (i.e. as soundproof barriers on freeways or playing surfaces on sport fields,…).
- We recycle all used parts and chemical waste (such as oil and batteries) via specialised partners.
- We offer ranges of low-resistance tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia, Michelin Energy Saver, Pirelli Cinturato) that contribute to lower fuel consumption.
- Our Fleet Management Programme (Heavy Fleets) includes preventive servicing to optimise tyre life and fuel consumption.
- We have specialized partners in each country to finance and organise the removal and valorisation of stocks of abandoned used tyres. We do this in collaboration with relevant authorities.
First Stop empty